×
"Your life is an occasion, rise to it"

"Your life is an occasion, rise to it"

This may seem like an odd title to most people, but to those of you who have seen Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium will know that the title of this blog post is a saying from this sweet and beautiful children's film. Ever since I first saw the movie I remembered the quote as I thought it was a great thing to remember in life. So since I have been in Australia, I have tried to live by this. Below are photos from the Melbourne Cup Horse Races at Flemmington Race Course; I was apprehensive about going as I heard it was quite an expensive day with outfit buying and food and drink. However, I thought to myself that these races are a tradition here in Melbourne and I don't want to miss out just because I was short for cash. I need to prioritise my money so that I can enjoy myself but not go over the top! As a result of these thoughts, I went out and bought this white dress for $35 (around £20) from TEMT Fashion and borrowed the headpiece from someone else (Bardot Junior). The day was so much fun, and we were lucky enough to have a full day of beautiful sunshine - making the whole experience so much more worthwhile. Situations like this make me realise how short life is and whilst 6 months in Australia seems like a long time; it is actually flying by and I need to make the most of every opportunity presented to me.

 


1 comment

Coquetin said...

I love Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium! You look gorgeous Pip,,I hope you and Johnny are doing well :) xx

www.coquetin.blogspot.com

Copyright © Life At Victoria HouseCREATED BY ThemeShine